I’m now doing albums!

I’m now doing albums!

December 23rd, 2008  |  Published in -Notices-  |  14 Comments

I am now offering albums (finally)!

Judy and I, after much conversation with previous and future couples, have decided to go with one price.  This is currently at $1500 for the first book and $1000 for each additional book.  By keeping it simple, everyone gets a great album that isn’t bound by page restrictions and what not.  This is the general spec:

• 100% Leather, Guaranteed by the album company for life from defects
  • 12″ x 12″ – the larger size makes sure that the photos are seen the way they were meant to be.  8″ x 8″ is an option, but it makes the images “pop” less.
  • Around 30 pages – when Judy and I make these albums, we can care more about telling the story and arranging composition.  It might be 27.  It might be 33.  But by putting it in our hands we make decisions that are best for the album (not for price limitations or cost efficiency).  For example, I won’t be afraid of using one image for a full spread (if I had to squeeze 50 images in 20 pages I’d be thinking more about real estate than art composition).
  • We design initially (with any special requests in mind).  From there you guys can swap out up to three images before printing.  This ensures that we design the album and choose the images we think are artistically the best, while you get the final say (and you make sure no wedding crashers end up in the album).

Here are some images I took of our sample album.  This is the outside and the black leather option.

img_5543

Here is a full page spread of one of my favorite images from that day

img_6203

img_6222

I love the trio in the next image.  Not every album will have that exactly, but we layout each album based on it’s unique images.

img_6216

img_6221

img_6247

Let me know what you think.

Be Sociable, Share!

Responses

1. Russell Kipnis says:

December 29th, 2008at 2:28 pm(#)

Hey Gavin and Judy,

The albums look absolutely amazing. Congratulations on achieving this for your business. Lets get together soon. I shot my first wedding in November and would love some feedback. Hope you both are doing well.

2. Tommie Mao says:

December 29th, 2008at 8:40 pm(#)

Your photography is amazing. I was looking through your blog, but I could not find Kosal’s and Sophear’s wedding album. Are you going to upload images soon?

3. kendra & peter blows says:

January 7th, 2009at 6:25 pm(#)

What a beautiful album sample you have here…we love the photos that cross the center binding. we’re happy for you to have this next step in your business!

4. john says:

January 9th, 2009at 5:01 pm(#)

hey gavin what up? long time no talk.

noticed that you were making books. check this place out. i’ve made a few books from these guys. might be worth your while.

hope your doing well man!

john fan

5. Amy Tung says:

January 15th, 2009at 3:12 pm(#)

As usual, awesome work Gavin & Judy!

6. kasie dieobi & tim mehram says:

January 22nd, 2009at 4:10 pm(#)

FINALLY!!!! After we saw the first one you did of vacation to vietnam, we knew that the wedding one will be spectacular. Congratulations and we can’t wait for ours.

7. Hoffmann says:

January 27th, 2009at 9:13 pm(#)

SHEEESH, about time homey. looks good.

8. Jennifer & Ruben Clingerman says:

February 3rd, 2009at 9:10 am(#)

What a great service you’re now providing! Best of luck to you and Judy, and keep up the fantastic work!

9. Shara & Phil says:

June 3rd, 2009at 10:49 am(#)

Hey Gavin, the photo book looks GREAT, and we love all of the shots you took. Thank you so much for everything!!!

10. chalina says:

June 4th, 2009at 7:13 pm(#)

Heah gavin the book looks amazing,you did a great job.

11. Tony Flores says:

September 18th, 2009at 10:28 pm(#)

Hey man,
    I’d like to say that your work is amazing, the way you now put it into the albums
    looks just great. I’d like you to give me some input about my pictures. Hit me up…

12. Floyd M Scott says:

July 1st, 2010at 4:36 am(#)

I love your Album, it’s perfect. I’m a Wedding Photographer and I would like to know how I would be able to use your services in the future.

Thanks!

13. rusu says:

February 25th, 2011at 3:04 pm(#)

Really nice work with the album. Looks very cool and profesional.

14. Fotograf Fredric says:

October 13th, 2011at 2:08 pm(#)

That book looks amazing. Well done!

Leave a Response

iPhone Photo of the Day

eng_ss_033

More Photos

Archives

December 2008
M T W T F S S
« Nov   Feb »
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031

Tips on using this blog

I've setup most of the articles on this site to have links to all the photos from any given shoot. Make sure to click on the individual photography galleries (usually as links after the images, but before the comments). This helps establish consistency and it also shows how each wedding or engagement photography session may vary from couple to couple.

now what? you can go back up and see more pictures, but if you are ready give me call